Well Week 8 is OVER! The beginning of the week was a bit exhausting, but I pushed through. I also started 2 new challenges this week. I decided to up my speed on a few of my runs this week, but only for 9-10 minutes out of the 30 minutes. But I also started a challenge that a friend of mine posted on her facebook "100 squats a day". I figured I could do that, how hard could it be....YEAH! ha! I have tweaked the challenge slightly as I am only doing the 100 squats on the days I run, so at least 500 squats a week will be happening :) You don't have to do all your squats at once if you don't want to or aren't able to do them. You can break it up throughout the day if you would like. I choose to do my squats after I run just to get them out of the way. Also I want to continue to point out that after my run on the treadmill, I continue to do leg work, weights and abdominal exercises. I spend another 20 minutes of exercising after the treadmill. But I just don't write it down anymore. I mix it up each day.
WEEK 8: August 6, 2012 - August 12, 2012
Mon. 6: Treadmill: 32 minutes = 2.1 miles = 364.4 calories
0-1 minute: walk (3mph)
1-31 minutes: run (4mph) obviously I didn't start my faster speed today!
31-32 minute: walk (3mph)
Tue. 7: Treadmill: 32 minutes = 2.250 miles = 387.8 calories
0-1 minute: walk (3mph)
1-15 minutes: run (4mph)
15-21 minutes: run (5mph) ohhhhh it felt as though I have never ever ran before!
21-23 minutes: run (4mph) just to catch my breath for a minute
23-26 minutes: run (5mph) yeah that was tough.
26-31 minutes: run (4mph)
31-32 minute: walk (3mph) ahhhh breathe!
*started the 100 squats a day challenge. I didn't find out about this challenge until right before bed, so I busted out my 100 next to my bed! :)
Wed. 8: Treadmill: 32 minutes = 2.266 miles = 390.4 calories
0-1 minute: walk (3mph)
1-11 minutes: run (5mph) breathe....breathe!!
11-31 minutes: run (4mph)
31-32 minutes: walk (3mph)
*100 squats
Thu. 9: REST
Eric's only full day home this week, so I opted no workout! :)
Fri. 10: Treadmill: 32 minutes = 2.266 miles = 390.4 calories
0-1 minute: walk (3mph)
1-11 minutes: run (5mph)
11-31 minutes: run (4mph)
31-32 minutes: walk (3mph)
*100 squats
Sat. 11: Treadmill: 32 minutes = 2.1 miles = 364.4 calories
0-1 minute: walk (3mph)
1-31 minutes: run (4mph)
31-32 minutes: walk (3mph)
*100 squats
Sun. 12: REST
Side note: When my hubby came home Wednesday he said he noticed me looking skinnier :) He had been gone a couple of days so after not seeing me for a couple of days he could tell the difference. I still don't see a difference. So the saying after 4 weeks I should see a difference and by 12 weeks the rest of the world should see a difference, well I feel I am going to be part of the "rest of the world", let's hope! Don't get me wrong I notice my legs are tighter and getting muscle, but that's about all I notice, so it was nice having the hubster say he noticed :) Made me feel good!
YES :) Ok if you insist!

2 comments:
Your challenge has caused me to be in extreme pain going up and down my stairs. And I get weird looks from Addie when I'm doing them haha.
Love the Ryan "hey girl..." how hilarious those are...oh and he is so hott. You are amazing with your workouts! I've just started walk/running a mile and its so hard! I've been biking 3 miles most days so hopefully that will make the running easier. Riding a bike is so much more fun than just running. Id rather do that out in the heat than run on the treadmill inside!
Post a Comment