About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

December 19, 2009

Christmas Time!

Christmas is by far my FAVORITE Holiday! Eric says I'm like a child when it comes to listening to the Christmas music, watching the millions of Christmas movies that come on tv, or even watching the ones I own over and over again. I believe I started watching my Santa Clause movies (1-3) back in November! Eric said I already made him sick of that movie haha, but he'll still watch it with me anyway :)

We put our tree up the week before Thanksgiving! It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL (but that's me being a little biased ha).

Another reason I love Christmas is all the baking that goes along with it! I have made pigs-in-blanket, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, chocolate pies, "puppy chow" yes I said "puppy chow" one of the guys at the station requested it and I had never heard of it so of course I look it up online and all it has in it is: chex mix, chocolate chips, vanilla, peanut butter, and powdered sugar..very yummy and SUPER easy and quick to make! I have also made cinnamon candy, and many more things! I LOVE baking. Some people have suggested I start a cooking blog, I've thought about it, it would be a good way to have my recipes saved but I know good and well I won't keep up with it like I would like to do. Maybe sometime down the road.

Christmas is also a great holiday because of family get together's, work Christmas parties, VACATION, Snow (if your lucky), Hot chocolate, Christmas lights, SANTA at the mall, traditions, wrapping presents, and lots of other great things.

Eric and I are unable to be home on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day, but I am very happy that my dad will be coming up to stay with us. This will be the first time in a LONG time that I've actually woke up on Christmas Day with my dad. So I'm VERY excited about that! We do plan on going home but it will be the week after Christmas and then we plan on spending New Years there as well. We are so lucky to have our family live close enough away where its a simple drive :)

Holiday Tradition: Every year (except this one) for as long as I could remember on Christmas morning I was always the first one to wake up and I would go down stairs to look at the presents then I would wake my sister up and drag her butt down stairs, which she would fall back asleep instantly on the couch. Then I would organize the presents: I would put mine on the left, Carly's on the right and everyone else's presents would go in the middle :) Then we would wake up everyone else in the house! It is something I always look forward to doing. I wonder if when Eric and I have kids if they will do funny things like that on Christmas morning. I remember always leaving cookies and milk out for Santa and food for the reindeer out on the back porch. Then when we would wake up the cookies would be almost gone, the milk always all gone and the reindeer food moved around on the porch. Its great how parents go through so much trouble at Christmas time but I for one appreciate it all. I'm still such a kid when it comes to the holidays and I think its mainly because I absolutely LOVED my childhood so much. My parents were such great parents and I appreciate everything they did for my sister and I, because if it weren't for them Carly and I wouldn't be who we are today and I think we turned out pretty great! :) So thank you mama and daddy for being you :) Love you both!

Please enjoy the photos of mine and Eric's decorated house for Christmas :)


OUR CHRISTMAS TREE! :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!

No comments: