About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

September 11, 2009

Been awhile....

Well it has been awhile since I've updated my blog...sorry Jenny :) :) This is for you!

Eric and I got MARRIED June 27, 2009 at 7 p.m. at Camp Albemarle! It was such a great time! The rain held off long enough for the actual outdoor ceremony and then it started to rain right at the end but not bad enough where everyone had to take cover--the tree's were our cover for the light rain. We weren't able to do a lot of pictures after the ceremony like traditional shots with the family and stuff because it did start to rain pretty heavily. But they say its good luck for it to rain on your wedding day right?! I'm saying it is :) I married my best friend in the whole world and I think that is luck right there!

The reception was real nice too! Very busy with mingling and taking pictures with the family and with friends. Brides don't get that much time to relax and actually eat the food they took so long to plan all year long :) I did get a meatball and that was very yummy :) From what I hear the rest of the food was really good too, so that's all I wanted!

Mine and Eric's first dance was "Love You Till The End" by The Pogues. It is such a beautiful song but while we were dancing we realized we should of picked a shorter song or at least cut it shorter. We felt a little awkard out there dancing when everyone is just watching us haha. Eric and I aren't the greatest dancers or anything we didn't do one of those crazy dances where they are choreagraphed, which would of been pretty cool though :) We joked to each other while we were dancing that we felt like we were in middle school dancing cause we just swayed back and forth haha :)

My dad and I danced to "Daughter" by Loudon Wainwright, III.
After all was said and done Eric's brother Aaron drove us to the Dock House where we continued to party the night away with everybody :) It was like a high school reunion there that night because we saw EVERYONE! Including other brides grooms. Then Aaron drove us to our hotel in Atlantic Beach.

The wedding was absolutely perfect I wouldn't of changed anything about it! It all went by soo fast though. They always say that it does, but you don't realize just how fast, fast realy is until its over.



We went to NY for our honeymoon, it was AWESOME! We were there from Monday until Thursday. We did the double-decker tour bus everyday, that way we could try to see as much as we could and get the tour guide to tell us this and that of what we were driving past. One night we went to see Shrek the musical on Broadway which was a lot of fun and pretty funny! I gave Eric the choice of either Shrek, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King or Mama Mia....no surprise why he chose Shrek I guess :) I want to go back and see more plays and of course more sights! You could visit NY for an entire Month and still not see or do everything!












Our hotel overlooking the Hudson River



Central Park




Us on our to see Shrek


I took a picture of the curtain at the musical...then I got yelled at by an usher

We went to Ripley's Believe It or Not after we went to the show and ate dinner :)




Yeah he picked up a woman while we were there :)




So I didn't have much time to really relax after the wedding and honeymoon because during the week of the wedding I called 32 attorneys offices to see if ANYONE was hiring! I had called so many offices saying the same thing "Hi, my name is Chelsea and I'm moving to the area and wanted to see if you were hiring?" Many said the same phrase back to "Not at this time" but I did get a few that said "Not at this time, but if you would like to send us your resume so we could keep it on file" which I did that, with no hopes. Well I get to "Mapp, Mapp & Klein" and the receptionist who answered the phone had said the same thing I had heard all day long "Not at this time, but if you would like to send us your resume so we could keep it on file" so I listened to her tell me the email address to send my resume and then got off the phone. I emailed my resume and didn't think anything of it. Well later on that night I had a 757 area code call me, I had missed the call, but luckily they left a voicemail. I listened to it and it was Mr. Klein--the actual Attorney who called me and said that his receptionist told him that I would be sending him my resume. I told him I had tried but the email I was given kept coming back. So he gave me a different email and told me to try again. I did and he emailed me back a few hours later asking me to call him the next day to set-up an interview! I told him on the phone that I was getting married that Saturday and we were going to NY for our honeymoon but I would be available to start working on July 6th! He asked me if there was anyway I could come up here for an interview. I said yes definitely. He knew I would be driving 5 hours one way to come for the interview. So the Tuesday before the wedding, Eric, myself, Karli, and Brandon drove up here just for the night so I could make it to my 10 a.m. interview on Wednesday. I got to the office had my interview and he hired me on the SPOT :) So that made the entire trip worth it! Not tooo many brides would throw in a job interview the week of their wedding! But I did it and I got it!
I have been working for Mr. Klein since July 6th Mon-Fri 8:30-5 as the Real Estate Closer/Bookkeeper :) Its been tough learning all the new things that I'm responsible for but its worth it! Its a small office, which is something I'm use to having worked at Mr. Thompson's office for 3 years. Mr. Klein is the only attorney, then there is Janie the receptionist/personal injury person, Mrs. Klein who comes in the beginning of the months to do the books and then me! We have just moved back into the old office because of a fire that happened here back in March. They have been remodeling it since then. So its their old office but new to me! I love my new/old office because I have 3 windows :) I'm not use to working with windows because at Mr. Thompson's office I had zero!


Mapp, Mapp & Klein


Me in my office :)


Janie at her desk


Mr. Klein at his desk


Mr. Klein in the TN hall--he's a huge TN fan and every picture on the walls have to deal with TN football or basketball :)

So overall my first 2 months of being Eric's wife have been GREAT! Everyone has asked me if I have learned things about him that I didn't know before and the truth is I guess after dating for over 7 years we basically know everything there is about it each other. So no I haven't found anything new about him that I didn't already know. :)


Also wanted to wish my HUSBAND a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today! I Love You and couldn't ask for a greater husband!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome post! Thanks for updating on your life over the past 2 months. It has definitely been a while! ;) I'm glad you are enjoying your job and I know you are thrilled to have windows! Maybe one day I'll know how that feels haha! Miss you!

Kathryn said...

Well I thought you were never gonna get on here again! You know just because your married doesn't mean your that much busier. Love you R-E-L!

Lauren said...

I echo Amber and Kathryn with thank you for finally updating us! haha Glad you are happy and doing well in VA. Life in PA is pretty good but really really busy. I think I told you I just finished my first week at my two jobs. So basically my head is spinning from information overload! I need to update my blog since it's been a while for me too. Are y'all going home for Thanksgiving? We are going to try if I don't have to work so lemme know and we can get together. Love ya!