One year ago today, Eric asked me to be his wife! He was home for a week and it was just any typical work evening. I got off of work at 5 and headed over to his parents house. Nobody was home so Eric and I decided to go shopping. He said where do you want to go. So I was like "I have a gift card at Bed Bath and Beyond we can go there" so we proceeded to go outside to the car. As we stood outside trying to pick a vehicle to get in (his or mine) I finally just unlocked my car door and sat in the passenger side because I didn't want to drive. He was being weird about driving and I couldn't figure out why. Because normally he just automatically gets in the drivers seat. Well after a few minutes of us bickering back and forth about driving and what not. He finally came over to my side of the door and took my hand and said "we will just take my truck if I'm driving" I said "can you just make a decision already!" haha. Then as we are going to his truck (which was right next to my car) we got in between the vehicles and as we got around my car he got down on one knee and held up the ring in his hand and said "I Love you and I'm never leaving" then asks me to marry him. My initial response well of course was SHOCKED and I believe I kept saying over and over again "Are you serious?" "Are you sure?" I did finally say "YES" but I was just in complete shock. After all the excitement of being engaged Eric said "well what do you want to do now, do you still want to go to bed bath and beyond?" hahaha! I was like "no we must call everyone" HAHAHA :)
My dad was the first to know because Eric had actually called him and asked his permission first :) Aww so cute and traditional...loved it!
My mom's reaction was a bit funny. We went to my house so I could tell my mom and sister in person. Of COURSE neither of them were home! I had the biggest news EVER and they weren't home to tell! I had called all my friends and Kathryn came over and she was jumping up down with excitement :) :) She got to witness us telling my mom!
Well here is what happened. I had called her and asked her where she was and she (not knowing anything of course) was like "I'm at the grocery store, do you need or want anything?" you know being the typical mama that she was just making sure I had everything I wanted. I said "no, just wondering when you are going to be home" she said "after I leave the store" so me, Eric and Kathryn waited patiently in the living room for her to come home. About 20 minutes after the phone conversation she walks in the door. I said I'll wait until she puts the grocery's away. Well she puts the dog outside then starts to put the grocery's away. I'm trying to draw her into the living room by asking her about her day and what not thinking she would walk into the living room to have the conversation with us. Well another 20 minutes go by and she has not walked into the living room yet. I finally just said "will you come in here and talk to us!" she was like "I have no time I have to finish putting the grocery's away, take a shower,get in my pajamas and make me something to eat!" So I really and truly had to force her to come sit with us haha! I said "well I think you need to come in here and sit down" she was like "why whats the matter?" I said "nothing its just something you want to sit for" So she FINALLY comes into the living room and sits on the couch we are ALL smiling! I hold out my hand and say "look" she looks at my hand and is like "is this for real?" and she was shocked as well she was like "oh my gosh are you serious this isn't a joke right?" hahaha! She of course started to tear up and gave us all hugs! It was soo funny!
In 24 days I will marry my high school sweet-heart. I have loved him since 9th grade and will continue to love him the rest of my life. Its the best feeling in the world to be committed to one person for the rest of my life and I look forward to that commitment. We will start a new chapter in our life together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I honestly think that is the first time I've heard the story from beginning to end, and it only took one year to learn how it all went down haha. It gave me goose bumps reading it. I'm so happy for you both!
Awe, that is so cute Chelsea! I'm so happy for you both : )
Even though I know you haven't been gone long we need an update please! I expect more frequent updates on your blog now that you are further away :-)
Post a Comment