About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

October 8, 2008

Veranda, Villanova, and Bike Riding :)

This past weekend was the 22nd Seafood Festival. Yes, I said 22nd, I am OLDER than the Seafood Festival. OK I will digress! The weather held up beautifully all weekend long for all the tourists and locals to enjoy the great food and music.

Saturday in the Oyster Rock Pub (aka "Beer Tent") Kahla's dads band "Veranda" played at 2. We went there and listened to the sounds of some Classic Rock :) We were very excited to see our friend Lauren HANCOCK, she came down for the festivities. It was like old times just us three girls hanging out. After the band played their last song around 4, Kahla and I ventured out to get us some food! We went for the traditional Shrimp Burger from our ECHS booth and then the Funnel Cake from the Sanitary, YUMMY to both! Then we headed home.

After Kahla and I rested up for a few hours we headed back to the Seafood Festival around 7 p.m. to hang out with Eric's Aunt Faye and Uncle Ted on their houseboat. It was such a fun little time :) One thing is for sure when you get on their houseboat you will NEVER say you are hungry, because she will ALWAYS have something AWESOME cooking in the galley! She grilled Shrimp, Scallop, Pineapple, Onions, and Green Pepper Kabobs! Talk about some delicious food! After we ate and visited for awhile. The band "Villanova" was playing in the "Beer Tent" at 8! This band came highly recommended by my friend Taylor Willis. He saw them in SC and just loved them! I have been listening to their CD for a couple of weeks now and just love their sound as well. So we get there and the place just started getting packed by such a variety of people. The band was even better in person than on the CD! They played not only their own music but some remakes they have done by Prince and Justin Timberlake! I don't know specifically their genre but I'm going to go with a little Rock mixed with Blues and Hip Hop :)

Around 9sh we headed back to the houseboat to watch the fireworks. They were probably the best I've seen them in a long time!

Sunday, Kahla and I opted for Bicycle Riding on the Beautiful day! The weather was perfect. We borrowed her Aunt and Uncles bicycle, as neither of us have owned a bike since we were real little. We went all around Beaufort that afternoon. I think we calculated 6 1/2 miles! Needless to say my booty was in a little pain come Monday morning haha! So we have told ourselves that things we will look for when we purchase cruisers: Baskets, Cup Holders, and Soft WIDE seats haha :) :)

The last few pictures are of my two cats, Tigger and Smudgie. They do NOT enjoy when I start putting props on them to take pictures. But I had to share just 2 of the photos of them with flowers in their collars :)

So to sum up the weekend, it was a fun, semi-relaxing, eventful weekend. I Love good ol' Carteret County. There is no place like it!


















1 comment:

Lauren said...

What a fun weekend! Yall look so cute on your "cruisers" haha. I had a bike from college but it burnt when my dad burned up the shed :-( So sad... haha
I love that pic of the 3 of us. Yall sure were bundled up that night huh? hehe it has been cold at night here lately. I can't remember if it's Tigger or Smudgy but he looks a little disgusted to have his pic taken! haha!