Ok so apparently hurricanes is the topic of choice throughout everyones offices, homes, gyms, etc. So I thought I would share an email I received that I REVISED for my own personal office staff :) Hope everyone else gets a kick out of it, we sure enjoyed it at my office. Mr. Thompson says he is going to have to print this out and post it up on their bus! :) I do hope everyone has a safe next couple of weekends with travel and hurricanes.
TO: THE LAW OFFICE OF JAMES W. THOMPSON :)
OFFICE PROCEDURES CONCERNING STORM & OFFICE CLOSINGS:
As we watch the progress of the storm, the following are our company's Guidelines based upon the hurricane's intensity:
Hurricane Category #1
No excuse for being late. Leave earlier to give extra time to avoid fallen trees and limbs. In case you are stuck Mr. Thompson and Clyde’s BUS that they have safely stored for their trip next week can be provided for transportation to get around the debris.
Hurricane Category #2
Due to the horizontal rain, you may wear shorts. But please remember to put the rest of the clothes on as well. Don’t forget we are a professional office or at least try to appear that way at times.
Hurricane Category #3
Whereas most of the area will be flooded we suggest you avoid wearing open toe sandals when coming to work. Mr. Thompson’s skiff will be provided to get to the building safely without getting anyone wet. Although he may brag a bit about a fish he caught but just bare with him, I don’t have the heart to tell him that my sister caught a bigger drum then he did :)
Hurricane Category #4

Hurricane Category #4
More than likely there will be no electricity. Given that, Doris will provide manual typewriters to all staff members. Don’t mind the extra cursing in the office as some of us have never used the typewriter. Please take extra caution and wear water-proof make-up if Category 4 or above.
Hurricane Category #5
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when the Roof caves in since we don’t have windows. For those that survive, we will have chocolate cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen if Doris hasn’t find out that there is chocolate and eaten it already. If she did then Susie has stocked up on the liquor for us this morning! So we will be good to go!
Velcro will be provided to keep you attached to your chairs when the Roof caves in since we don’t have windows. For those that survive, we will have chocolate cake at 3:00 pm in the kitchen if Doris hasn’t find out that there is chocolate and eaten it already. If she did then Susie has stocked up on the liquor for us this morning! So we will be good to go!

3 comments:
I don't know the people in your office but this post is still hilarious!!! Hanna ain't bad but I'm just worried about Ike out there!
Hey Chelsea...what's your email address so I can invite you to my blog?
Hey Emily...my email is
chelseafaye25@gmail.com
Post a Comment