About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

August 18, 2008

*WeDdInG Details...and ideas*

WHAT'S IN A DATE ?
So as most of you know Eric and I are getting Married and we have chose June 27, 2009 as our official Wedding Date :) If some of you do not know the meaning behind the date let me just fill you in...alright here goes............

June 27,1952 my grandparents Charles and Faye Culpepper (my mama's parents) got married in Hawaii. My grandfather wrote me a letter a few weeks ago telling me how he proposed to my grandma through a letter while he was stationed in Hawaii and she lived in Atlanta. My grandma obviously said yes went to Hawaii where they said "I Do" in front of the preacher and only two of my grandfather's air force friends, my grandfather also added that it was before Hawaii was a State!!! They are still happily married and will be celebrating their 57th Wedding Anniversary on the day Eric and I say "I Do"

Mine and Eric's yearly anniversary date is February 27th, which by the way next February will be 7 years for us. We plan on having the Ceremony at 7 p.m. A few of my bridesmaids are throwing us an engagement party on September 27th.

SOOOOOO the number 7 or 27 has a big part of our special day if you couldn't tell!!

WHAT'S IN A NAME?
This part was just kind of ironic and cute I thought. If I actually went by my middle name (Faye) and Eric went by his first name (Charles) we would be my grandparents names which I thought was awesome:) :) I hope that in 57 years Eric and myself are as cute and happy as my Grandma and Grandpa Culpepper.

Ok so now that you know a little more behind the actual Date and its significance let me fill you in on some details of our upcoming nuptials :)
Our Bridal Party:


Carly Naegelen-Maid of Honor

Jenny soon to be Willis (as of Sep. 6)-Matron of Honor


Karli Burney


Kahla Starling


Kathryn Lewis


Lauren Hancock

Dwayne Lawrence & Aaron Lawrence
Brandon Pennington


Ashyln Grace BURNEY!! She will be the flower girl! Isn't she just the cutest thing EVER!

*Clearly there are more girls than boys but we will have 2 bridesmaids to each groomsmen :) I'm sure they won't have a problem with that haha!!*

I have chosen Pale Yellow, Coral (almost an orange), Green and White for our color scheme. The green and white are basically accent colors. I want my bridesmaids to wear pale yellow linen dresses and the boys will be wearing khaki suits with their rainbow flip flops.

Ceremony location will HOPEFULLY be at Camp Albemarle. I am just waiting to get a definite answer from the Reverend. Camp Albemarle has a lot of meaning behind it as well which obviously is a pattern of mine. Its not just a gorgeous site but from the ages of 6-13 I attended this camp and then became a junior counselor.My sister had to attend before she was old enough because both my mom and dad were a big part of this camp. So every year our family would spend a week there with all of our church friends which were basically another part of our family. I have such great memories at Camp Albemarle. The Pastor that will be officiating our wedding was also involved at the camp along with his wife and their 2 kids Katie and Chris which were around the same ages of me and Carly. Pastor Larry Pittman and his family also lived a few houses down from Eric growing up so he knew Eric when he was real little because him and Chris use to hang out. So we of course chose Pastor Larry to officiate us because he knew us both growing up which we thought was very cool. Eric's mom Dana attended Camp Albemarle when she was younger too. Sooooooo there is a lot of significance behind the Camp and the people all involved in this special day.



Reception Site is already booked and will be at the Elk's Lodge in Morehead City. This is a HUGE room that is a blank canvas to work with so I'm very excited!


Important Songs:
Ok so I'm not the traditional bride. I like things done different than most. I want my wedding to be relaxing, fun and very unique! So to keep with my non-traditional ways at the ceremony I do not plan on walking down the aisle to the bridal song...aahhhh I know!! I want just the ukulele version of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" to be playing as I make my grand entrance :) I don't know if any of you were fans of American Idol this past year but Jason Castro's best performance was this version of that song...it was also on the soundtrack to "50 First Dates". Also at some point during the ceremony daddy will play his guitar and sing the song :) I'm guessing this will be right before I become Chelsea Lawrence (OMG!! Can't believe that!!)I want this to be very memorable and that song is definitely one that everyone knows and has some kind of instant memory flashing through their heads. Plus its just a very pretty song!

Our First Dance:

"Love You Till The End" By the Pogues. Not many people have ever heard this song but when me and Eric heard it we both knew it was a perfect song for us!

Father/Daughter Dance:
"Daughter" By Loudon Wainwright III. Its such a WONDERFUL Father/Daughter song that is sure to make you think back to childhood memories with your father or even your mother. Plus it was not a song that many know and/or heard on the radio.

Guest book: The Favorite UNIQUE idea!

Ok sooo instead of everyone signing a guest book, that knowing me will just eventually collect dust...no offense to anyone. But I have enough books that do enough dust collecting haha. SOOO instead of the typical book I plan on having different pieces of fabric that the guest will be signing (yes I will make sure I have fabric pens) and then will put all those pieces together into a quilt that will forever sit on the back of OUR couch for everyone to see :) So if anyone has any suggestions on where to find cute fabric please let me know!
SOOO I think I have given LOTS of details on our wedding! Please feel free to comment with ideas or anything! I am looking forward to this coming year in planning the wedding of my dreams to the only guy I have ever truly been in love with since 9th grade . He is my LOBSTER :) :) (If your a Friends fan you'll know what I'm talking about....Lauren haha)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Girl, you are super organized!! Thank you for the sweet comments, by the way. Can't wait till this weekend...it's going to be a lot of fun! Luv ya, Andrea

*ChElSeA fAyE* said...

Haha I know its kind of a sickness I have as far as organizing goes! I get picked on it all the time..especially here at work! If its not in an excel spreadsheet or a notebook its not organized haha!

I can't wait till this weekend either! I always have fun when we all hang out! Luv ya Chelsea

Hil said...

Love the ideas! Congratulation! Tell all of your and Eric's crowd hello for me!

Hilary

theweippertfamily said...

I don't know if you remember me or not. I went to First Baptist with you and Carly when we were younger, and to Camp Albermarle also, Congrats on your Wedding and I think it is so neat how you are tieing in things from your childhood.
PJ (paula lewis) Weippert

Emily<3 said...

Hi, Chelsea! Yes I have a blog...glad you found me! I found you a few days ago and added you to mine! All your wedding details sound so cute!
I too was married the same day as my grandparents! Only they have me beat by 46 years:)

Anonymous said...

The colors you have picked out sound so pretty together. I love the khaki suits with rainbows! And the location is beautiful. You are doing great at this wedding planning stuff, I was stressed to the max by the last two weeks or so. Hopeful everything will go great for ya'll! Congrats again!