About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

August 17, 2011

Catch Up

Well sorry for the LONG disappearance for any of my followers. Since my last post we have left VA (for good) and as of July we have been living in Panama City, FL. I enjoy the city very much and love our new house and neighbors! As of right now I'm not a fan of Eric's station only because it takes up so much of his time--Emma and I never see him! But he is fully enjoying the new station and all the new things that go a long with it. He's so use to small stations so its a great change for him! So I'm very happy for him. Emma has started doing some new tricks since we've been here--she is now CRAWLING all over the place! She is pulling herself up in her crib and on the tv stand, she hesitates with the coffee table only because she keeps bumping her head on it and so I think she is scared of it. Her personality is changing and she loves making different facial expressions. She still loves any and all food we feed her. She also loves her daddy's sweet tea!!! We definitely miss our families and hate the distance between FL and NC. I'm so use to being able to go home once a month or have people come visit us for a weekend, but its a lot harder to do that with a 12 hour drive or flight now. I have been homesick like all the time, more so when Eric is at work and its just me and Emma. But now that time is passing by I'm getting a little more use to it (not that I will ever fully be use to the distance). Our neighbors have been absolutely wonderful!!! We have been very lucky with such great neighbors in VA and now FL. I sure hope this pattern keeps up on all our moves! I'm a people person and love entertaining so its great when it can be with neighbors! Our neighborhood is very kid friendly. Everyone on our street has kids. So I'm looking forward to all the fun holidays such as Halloween, Christmas and Easter!

Now I'm getting ready to brag a little about myself :) ha! I joined Weight Watchers on July 17th and since that day I have lost 11.8 pounds YAY ME! Most people complain about weight watchers and say things like "let the starving begin" but I have not felt like I've had to starve myself on this diet! I am NOT a diet person, never have been. But this counting points is a lot easier (for me anyway). I do not have to go without certain foods at all. I am also one who loves to eat fruit and vegetables so that has definitely helped me out with this because almost all fruits and most vegetables are 0 points so that helps with any hunger points throughout the day. I have also fallen in love with the "Smart Ones" frozen meals. They are Weight Watcher friendly and Chelsea friendly :) Since most of the time I have to have dinner alone it helps to just pop in a GOOD frozen dinner, especially when I'm having to take care of a baby girl too! I haven't ventured too much in the cooking weight watcher meals from my cookbook yet, but I did make General Tso's Chicken with white rice and broccoli and that was a huge hit :)

So to end this post I've uploaded a video of Emma. I was lucky enough to catch her VERY FIRST time crawling on video! Eric wasn't home (he was in Louisiana) so he didn't get to see her in person, but he was able to see the video. She crawled for the first time on August 3, 2011!! Let me tell you she is a PRO now, no wobbling crawl anymore. She is focused when she crawls, she sees something and just GOES, most of the time its toward the tv or here lately its over by the front door to play with the blinds (lord help me haha). But I hope you all enjoy her video :) I hope the video works ha!!!!



2 comments:

Andrea said...

YAY Emma! She will be getting into everything now! It's so much fun when they become mobile!

Lauren said...

I know all about the distance making you homesick but I will tell you it gets better and better. I still miss home but we've definitely made this our home for the time being. That's such a comfort to have good neighbors that you can call on if you need something when Eric's gone. Emma looks like she is crawling really good now so time to baby proof! She is such a cutie pie! Miss you guys! Keep posting!