About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

March 8, 2011

Nursery and memories :)

This post is to show Emma her first bedroom (nursery) in her first house she ever lived. This home will forever be in my thoughts even after we move, because it was the place we first brought Emma home from the hospital on Tuesday October 19, 2010 (around noon).

So this is why I'm wanting to create this particular blog post--For Emma. Because by the time she turns 12 she will most likely have at minimum 4 other homes. That's saying that we will be stationed for 4 years at each station until Eric can retire (at age 37). I will take pictures of each house and each room as we move. Below is Emma's first Nursery :)

We live in Exmore, VA
Eric works at the Coast Guard Station in Wachapreague, VA
Chelsea works at a Law Office (Mapp, Mapp & Klein) in Keller, VA
We have some very nice neighbors who live directly across from us who have 2 young kids, another family at the beginning of the street who have 4 kids also and then a young couple who live down from us. Its a great neighborhood and during the warmer weather you will see and hear all the kids outside enjoying themselves. Such a wonderful place! :)


Overview of your room: I didn't want to do the pink theme just because you were a girl. Not because I don't think it looks good but I'm just not a "pink" girl. I love the blues, greens, and browns. So when I found your bedspread online I KNEW it was the one I wanted instantly. It had the perfect colors and had paisley for a girly touch :) So the entire theme came from those colors.



The box below was given to me by my old boss and his wife (Mr. Thompson and the late Mrs. Thompson)in Morehead City as a wedding gift. It matched perfectly with the color theme and I hold all of your memorabilia such as your bracelet from the hospital, your "It's a Girl" card from the hospital and all sorts of other little wonderful things. You'll also see a small bracelet on the dresser that is your first piece of jewelry and it was given to you by our landlord for Christmas 2010.





The canvas painting was painted by your Aunt Carly :) The picture of you hanging up is when you were 1 month old and Amber Willis took your photos--she did a WONDERFUL job! :)

The mobile above your crib is from Kathryn :) The monkey on your changing table is from Aunt Carly!!

The puppy on the left is my puppy that was put in my crib before I was born. It was from my godfather Scott Glenn. So your granny Juju thought it was only necessary to get you your own "gund" puppy like the one I have. So hopefully when your my age you can still have your first stuffed animal still around :)

The 2 photo albums are from the day you were born through present day--the blue album is completely full and that was just with pictures from the day you were born until the end of December!! What can I say I LOVE pictures :) The table has a mini album, which your granny Juju bought before we knew we were having a girl so that is why its yellow--it holds all of your ultrasound pictures! The picture frame in the back was made by your great grandmother Naegelen as a gift to me and Eric, it has one of our wedding programs in it and flowers from the wedding! The blue and white frame is one of your ultrasound pictures--where we could already tell you were going to have some ADORABLE cheeks :) Then the accordion picture book was a gift from Amber with some of your one month photos in it :)


The sign below with your name was created by Aunt Macy and was given to me at the baby shower (exactly 2 weeks before you were born!)


The molds from below we did for your first Christmas 2010! We created them originally for ornaments, but now I use them as decoration in your room. We have your footprint framed, then we have your hand print and the other small mold is of your fist, haha yes your fist! You were always clenching your fists when you were first born. It wasn't until you started noticing different textures around you that you now love to keep your hands open or of course in your mouth :) So Eric only found it appropriate to make a mold of your tiny fist :)


This ends the tour around your room and all the wonderful things in it! Also you should know that you are almost 5 months old and I still can't bring myself to let you sleep in your room at night. So you sleep next to mommy and daddy's bed :) I'm not quite sure when I'll be big enough to let you sleep across the hall from me...as for now you are doing fine and so am I :)


5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I just love the mobile :) And I'm not doing boy/girl nursery either. I like different and I'm not very girly girl or boyie boy. I love how your blogging for Emmer. I'm gonna do the same for _____ Rosado.

Megan said...

That was so incredibly sweet! You are such a good mommy!

*ChElSeA fAyE* said...

Megan--thank you for the sweet comment....I hate to even ask this but which Megan are you? I know a few haha :) I just like to know who is reading my blog :)

Megan said...

Megan Lewis!! Lol.. I should have put that before!

*ChElSeA fAyE* said...

Megan--haha I was about 95% it was you but I just wanted to make sure :) :)