As most of my readers already know we are getting relocated to Panama City, FL.

Well the day Eric called me with the news I didn't really have a reaction because I was in complete shock that we were getting transfered. I know I shouldn't of been too shocked because yes we are a military family and yes that does happen ha! But I seriously thought we would end up getting the 1 year extension here mainly because I was thinking who would request to get stationed in Wachapreaugue, VA....well apparently a guy who lives relatively close to the area that's who! Anyway so my reaction didn't hit until the next morning when Emma and I woke up (Eric was at work) and we were snuggled in the bed until we were both ready to actually get up--that's when it hit me! I realized that she'll have no memories of the house we first brought her home from the hospital, had her first Halloween, Christmas, New Years, Valentines, St. Patrick's Day and soon to be Easter and Mother's Day. So that's what hit me-I cried just thinking about all the sentimental things about this house that we've made into a home-I'm really going to miss it! We have such great neighbors throughout this neighborhood. The summer is always nice here because you can always hear all the kids playing outside, riding bikes and just enjoying being outside. I'm really going to miss them all :( I'm also going to miss my work "family"! Mr. Klein has been so understanding through the changes and by that I mean me being pregnant and always being sick or having doctors appointments to Emma being born and me only working 1 1/2 days a week. He's been such a great boss and his family has been wonderful to us too. We've gone over to his house a few times and they just make us feel so welcomed. I'm going to miss them! Mr. Klein was actually our very first visitor the day we brought Emma home! Then Janie has been so nice and is a great co-worker. She loves to cook so shares recipes with me and has become family to me as well.
I'm not one who likes change much, but I've been with Eric since before he was in Bootcamp in 2003 soooo I've grown a little to the idea of change mainly because I've had to! Nothing is written in stone with the military..except the fact that you are government owned property now! So I knew we'd be getting transfered throughout the years, make new friends, have to say bye to friends, move etc. Eric has already dealt with a move from when he graduated A School in November 2003--his first station was Nantucket, MA and he was there from Dec. 2003-May 2007. Then he got stationed here June 2007-until June 2011. I've only had to move from my mom's house to VA and believe me that was HARD ENOUGH! Leaving all my friends and family back at home, even though it was only a 4 1/2-5 hour drive I felt like that was really far. Now we will be 13 1/2 hours away! Sooo the distance is obviously the worst part of this entire news! But I've definitely got a lot of positives: it's an adventure, we will actually be near lots of shops, restaurants, and absolutely beautiful local beaches! I'm pretty sure we will have plenty of friends and family want to come visit us if not to just see Emma but to see this vacation destination!


Eric's last day at Wachapreague is June 17th and he has to report to FL by July 8th! So yeah the military thinks that's enough time to find a place and move HA! So Eric has taken leave May 15-25th we will leave here May 13th..which is a Friday and then come back here to basically clean up the house, cover up holes (from pictures) and just get the house ready for whoever moves in after us. April is my last month working, but I'll definitely go by there before we actually leave :(
Eric will be stationed on the 87 ft boat called "COHO". So he will get sea time YAY! Why you might ask this is a good thing...well because it helps him be able to get ranked higher :) But since this boat is considered a small boat he'll only be gone like a week at a time. This boat is only allowed to be underway for 150 days out of the entire year! So I'll actually get to see him more in FL then I do here in VA! :) So YAY!
One really cool thing about the military and getting relocated is the fact that they come to your house and completely pack everything for you! If you try to pack some stuff in advance they have to unpack it and then re-pack it themselves because they are responsible for it! Then whenever we find a place and its time to move they actually unpack everything and put it where you want! Ummm AWESOME! I know there are some people who would rather do this themselves but seriously WHY? So we are definitely taking that advantage!
Some little fun things about Panama City/Panama City Beach, FL:
Panama City, FL is located on the Gulf of Mexico in the panhandle ofFlorida between Mobile, AL, to the west and Tallahassee, FL, to the east. Panama City is serviced by its own international airport (Delta and Northwest) and is accessible by several major highways easily linking this vacation paradise to the cities of the southeast, central, and western states. So we are excited about so close to those other places that we've never been to before and probably would of never visited if it weren't for the military! So some more good things about this relocation :)

Pier Park is an awesome outdoor mall that is almost right on the beach! Not only does it have lots of cool stores but it also has some awesome restaurants. Everything from 5 guys hamburgers to Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville (Yes daddy there is one and its not in the airport!). This is one of the coolest places at Panama City Beach.
Well readers (family and friends) that is our big news! I know I've rambled on this post--but for those that know me know I love to ramble on e-mails so why not on my blog too :)
1 comment:
Well for once, I'll have someone who lives farther away from home than me! This means (even more than now), a whole lot more emails, videos, and text pics between each other! We love ya'll! Paul even said tonight, we all get along so well haha.
Post a Comment