

So I now have 1 month and 1 week left until the WEDDING! WOW has time just flown by! I just got my proofs back today for my Bridal Portraits I took last Wednesday! I LOVE THEM! They are different and unique just what I was going for :)
Last Wednesday a lot of stuff happened! The day is almost a big blurr to me but the day started off with me waking up at 7:15 and getting dressed and going to Curves by 7:30 or a little after. I go to my tanning appointment and then I get home a little before 9 (sister is asleep still). I go to the bank and then come back home again. I get a shower and get dressed. I have to be to my alterations lady (Carol West) by 11:30. I left my house a little before 11:30. I'm coming up to the end of Leonda Drive that meets Lenoxville and I see Fire Trucks, Ambulances, Police Cars you name it and it was there! I saw a man laying in the backyard and I was thinking to myself surely all these people aren't here for that one man. I assumed he either had a heart attack, fell from the balcony or something to that nature. Then I pull up a little more and I notice all these people standing in front of the apartments. I had to do a double-take on what I THOUGHT I just saw! So what I couldn't believe but was really there was a car THROUGH the apartment building! All I could see of the car was barely the back end of the trunk that's IT! I was just completely shocked! So I go to my alterations person pick up my wedding dress (which by the way she had to cut 6 inches off the front so I could stand and the dress actually be the right size haha). Leave there around 12 and get back to the accident scene and they had pulled out the car by this point and it was a JAGUAR! Dear lord talk about a bad day!
So in case you guys didn't see the article in the paper about this accident below is what the paper said about it. Luckily there were no major injuries, except to the house and car!
BEAUFORT — Police report a town resident experienced a seizure and drove his Jaguar through the wall of a residence at 1703 Lennoxville Road in Beaufort around 11 a.m. Wednesday.While investigating, officers report they discovered marijuana in the apartment.Two people in the vehicle were transported to Carteret General Hospital. No one was in the residence at the time of the wreck.
James Todd Whitaker, 37, driver of the vehicle, had turned off of Lennoxville Road, into the driveway of Villager Apartments when he experienced a seizure and drove straight into the wall of Unit 2. Authorities estimated the vehicle was traveling 35 mph on impact. According to Chief of Police Steve Lewis, his officers along with Beaufort Fire Department and Beaufort Rescue Squad responded to the scene after a call came in that a car had crashed through the wall of an apartment. “When officers arrived they found a 2005 Jaguar had crashed through the front of the apartment unit,” Chief Lewis said. “ Officers observed two occupants, the driver and his mother, Arlene Whitaker, 62, inside the vehicle as they approached the front of the building.”The chief said officers had to enter through the rear of the apartment to check on the occupants of the vehicle and to see if anyone was inside the residence at the time of the crash.The 2005 Jaguar, registered to Mr. Whitaker, sustained an estimated $20,000 in damages. The apartment unit, owned by William Mac Hines, sustained an estimated $30,000 in damages. Chief Lewis said while officers were investigating the wreck they discovered a plastic baggie containing 14 grams of marijuana on the kitchen countertop and a glass pipe. “The owner of the apartment unit does not live at the condo, but leases it to someone else,” Chief Lewis added. “An investigation continues and charges are expected.” Officer Anthony Ginther investigated the crash with assistance of Sgt. David Myers and Officer Jonathon Moore.

Ok so now back to my day :)
I had my hair and make-up appointment that afternoon and Bridal Portraits starting at 5 p.m. Now I did not do the typical Bridal Portraits, don't get me wrong beach pictures are very nice but I'm not much on sticking with traditional pictures :)
So me, my sister and Amber met my photographer at the Coast Guard Station in Atlantic Beach. We had already called a few weeks ago to get the ok from the Station to allow us to take pictures on their boat, of course they said YES :)
We get there and get to the boats and they asked me which boat I wanted to get my pictures taken on and of course I said the 110 ft boat because its the prettiest. Below is a picture of the boat (obviously not the exact boat). So it was a lot of fun being able to get my picture on the Coast Guard Boat. It was Staten Island, NY's boat that we actually used. The guy that was helping us out during the session was really great and I'm sorry I didn't get his name, but I do plan on getting one of my pictures printed for the station and sending a thank-you note along with it and mailing it to them. He even took off the tarp that was covering the big huge gun so I could take my picture with that on the front of the boat!
It was just a really neat experience and even the guy said he'd never heard of anyone else doing that for their portraits. Which I thought there would of been someone else's Coastie Wife who would of thought of this, but I guess not :)

The second (and last) site for our session was in HARLOW yes I said HARLOW :) When I told Lorraine (the photographer) I wanted somewhere different she definitely gave me different haha. She told me about this place that was off the road in a field with a big red barn with white trim! It was BEAUTIFUL! It wasn't until the day of the portraits that I realized it was in Harlow haha. But we got some great shots of me in front of the barn and leaning up against the barn. The weather held up perfectly for the entire thing :) I was very pleased with everything. Although while we were out there the mosquitoes showed up instantly and so did Lady Bugs, Grasshoppers and Bees haha. All in all it was a very GREAT session! I can't wait to show everyone the pictures, but not until the day of the wedding of course :) :) Below is a picture of a barn--its not the barn but its close enough just so you can get an idea :)

3 comments:
Wow! What a day!!! That's awesome that you had your portraits on a coast guard boat! I was looking on-line and I was thinking about doing something like that for my hubby. Something to do with the Army?! Not in my wedding dress of course but, I love the idea : ) I can't wait to see the pictures!
Wow, it's getting closer and closer to the big day. We have some more planning to do between now and then. I can't wait!
Chelsea you look so beautiful in your pictures! Thanks for sharing. I was so happy to be able to be a part of the portrait day even if it was just the preparation! Love ya and can't wait til the big day.
Post a Comment