About Me

My photo
I married my high school sweetie June 27, 2009! He is the love of my life and my best friend. We have been together since Feb. 2002 so over 10 years now! He has given me everything I could ever dream about. On October 17, 2010 we welcomed our first baby: Emma Faye! She is the best thing to ever happen to us! She lights up our lives more than she could ever know. Then we added a new addition to our family June 2012: JUNO our dog! She showed up on our doorstep and has been a perfect match for our family!

July 17, 2012

Online "Journal": I HATE(D) Running!

Let me first start off by saying I am NOT a Runner, I am not one to come to for advice about running or anything healthy or exercise related---sheeewww now that's out of the way let me get started.

Ok so I can not use "I still have baby weight to shed" any longer because 1. My child is 3 months away of turning TWO (still can't believe that!) and 2. I only gained 30 pounds during my pregnancy and lost it all within the first 2 months, yes haters hate. BUT let me inform you that I was NOT in a healthy state  once I became pregnant, I mean I wasn't on my death bed, but I just wasn't at a healthy weight for my height (5ft and...NOTHING, just 5ft!).

My husband bought me a treadmill (at my request) during my pregnancy so I could at least walk on it in the comfort of my own home. I did ok with the walking for about ummm 2 months and then I reached the exhaustion point in the pregnancy. So by the time I would get home from work it was all I could do to make supper and sit my pregnant butt down. Moving forward, once Emma was born I tried again with the "I'm going to start an exercise routine" bit la-di-dah, yeah another 2 months goes by and then I stopped. I would get on it every once in awhile, but wasn't anything. A few months ago I was trying to tell my husband we should sell the treadmill online (craigslist) or something because it was just collecting dust and taking up space in our guest room. I'm glad he didn't listen to me.

My blog is now going to be my online journal to hopefully keep me on track and to let others (whoever cares) keep up with my progress as well. One of my good friends started doing this recently on her blog, so I've stolen the idea :) Thanks Lauren! :) Most of my post's will just be what I've done on the treadmill and nothing more. I may add a few things here and there, but you'll just have to keep checking it out to see.

One year ago (today-17th) I joined Weight Watchers, online. The first week I lost 7.2 pounds, 1.4lbs, 1lb, 2.2lb, 1lb, etc it was different every week. Some weeks I didn't lose anything and then some weeks I would lose 2lbs (I loved those weeks!) But as of lately I've just been stuck around 28-30lbs loss (yes that is my grand total of pounds lost thus far!). I am very happy to have shed the weight of a 2 year old girl! But I would love to see more results--well duh if I want to see more results CLEARLY I have to push harder! So 5 weeks ago I began to dust off my treadmill and attempt something I HATE(D) doing--RUNNING!

So to get started I had to get myself organized (yes I'm weird that way!). I bought a journal to keep track of my workout "routine" and misc exercise stuff. The first section of my workout is my actual journal that I write what I've completed. I do NOT write it down until I've actually completed the workout. The second tab in the notebook is where I have printed out random exercises I can do after I finish the treadmill. In the pockets (yes pockets, because this journal is cool like that, ha) I have my "Progress Form, Weight and Inches" recorded. For this I don't write on every week I'm going to only do this once a month (weight watchers I track my weight every Sunday morning). Also in the pocket I took some ohhhhh so lovely "before" pictures you know the generic standing on top of the toilet taking pictures of yourself from all the attractive views, HA! Don't worry I will not GROSS any of you out and post them on this blog, UNLESS my progress becomes me looking like Jennifer Anniston afterwards (don't hold your breath!). This is what I've done to get started, you may have other things you want to do, but like I said I am not an expert!




My daughter Emma is also very easy to entertain while I do my workouts in the morning. Thank heavens for dvd player and Shrek (don't judge me!). I'm a stay-at-home mom and my daughter is with me 24/7 so if I have to put her in her high chair with some snacks and toys and a movie on to keep her occupied while I workout so be it :) Besides I enjoy Emma being in there with me while I'm on the treadmill-there has been one workout over the past 5 weeks that she wasn't in there (hubster was home that morning) and I just felt like something wasn't right. 

OKKKKKK now on to what I've been doing over the past 5 weeks. In the beginning of my new exercise routine I switched up my workouts from running and doing the Jillian Michaels workout, then I finally just stuck with the running. Oh and can I just add that my "running" is more like either fast pace walk or light jog for others, but I'm still very new at this and will eventually get to a faster speed, but for now its what I'm doing. 

WEEK 1: June 18, 2012-June 24, 2012
M 18: Jillian Michaels dvd
T 19: Jillian Michaels dvd
W 20: Rest
Th 21: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.667 miles = 250.9 calories
0-5 min: walk (3mph)
5-10 min: run (4mph--yes this is my running speed, don't judge!)
10-15 min: walk (3mph)
15-20 min: run (4mph--felt like I was going to die...LAME hahaha)
20-30 min: walk (3mph)
After the treadmill I do some misc workouts and stretches. I try to do 5-8 minute ab workout (1 min for each ab exercise) and then attempt to do one of the three leg pyramid exercises. I don't always follow the leg pyramid exactly, but I do a variation. 
F 22: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.750 mi = 276 calories
0-5 min: walk (3mph)
5-15 min: run (4mph) last minutes were rough!
15-20 min: walk (3mph)
20-25 min: run (4mph)
25-30 min: walk (3mph)
After treadmill: 5 minute abs and misc exercises
Sa 23: J.Michaels
Su 24: Rest

WEEK 2: June 25, 2012-July 1, 2012
M 25: Treadmill 30 minutes: 1.783 miles = 286 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-13 min: run (4mph)
13-18 min: walk 
18-25 min: run
25-30 min: walk
After treadmill: 5 min abs and misc exercises
T 26: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.783 miles = 286 calories
Same schedule as above
W 27: Rest--3 year wedding anniversary :)
Th 28: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.783 miles = 286 calories
Same schedule as above
F 29: Rest
Sa 30: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.783 miles = 286 calories
Su 1: Rest

WEEK 3: July 2, 2012- July 8, 2012
M 2: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.816 miles = 296 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-15 min: run (4mph)
15-20 min: walk
20-27 min: run
27-30 min: walk
*I stopped writing down my after treadmill workout, but I still continue to do abs and misc exercises
Tu 3: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.816 miles = 296 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-15 min: run (4mph)
15-18 min: walk
18-25 min: run
25-30 min: walk
*abs and misc exercises 
W 4: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.866 miles = 311 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-18 min: run (4mph)
18-20 min: walk
20-27 min: run
27-30 min: walk
*abs and misc exercises
Th 5: Treadmill 30 minutes: 1.883 miles = 316 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-23 min: run (4mph) woo hoo just completed a goal of running for 20 minutes straight!
23-24 min: walk
24-27 min: run
27-30 min: walk
*abs and misc exercises
F 6: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.883 miles = 316 calories
Same schedule as above
Sa 7: Rest
Su 8: Rest

WEEK 4: July 9, 2012- July 15, 2012
M 9: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 1.916 miles = 325 calories
0-3 min: walk (3mph)
3-28 min: run (4mph)
28-30 min: walk 
*abs and misc exercises
Tu 10: Treadmill: 30 minutes: 2.033 miles = 349 calories
0-2 min: walk (3mph)
2-7 min: run (5mph) yes I upped my speed by 1mph and about DIED!!!
7-29 min: run (4mph) I didn't stop running, I just lowered my speed back to 4--that was hard to continue running, but I did it!
*abs and misc exercises
29-30 min: walk (3mph)
W 11: Treadmill: 32 minutes: 2.1 miles = 364.4 calories
0-1 min: walk (3mph)
1-31 min: run (4mph)
31-32 min: walk 
*abs and misc exercises
Th 12: Treadmill: 32 minutes: 2.1 miles = 364.4 calories
Same schedule as above
F 13: Treadmill: 32 minutes: 2.1 miles = 364.4 calories
Same schedule as above
Sa 14: Rest
Su 15: Rest

WEEK 5: July 16, 2012- July 22, 2012
M 16: Treadmill: 32 minutes: 2.233 miles = 385.2 calories
0-1 min: walk (3mph)
1-6 min: run (5mph) ROUGH
6-16 min: run (4mph)
16-19 min: run (5mph) VERY ROUGH!
19-31 min: run (4mph)
31-32 min: walk
*abs and misc exercises 
Tu 17: Treadmill: 32 minutes: 2.1 miles = 364 calories
0-1 min: walk (3mph)
1-31 min: run (4mph)
31-32 min: walk 
I figured I would perfect my 30 minute run before I try to up my speed. I will get there though! 
*abs and misc exercises. 

I find it a lot easier to workout between 8-9am. My energy level is higher at that time of day. Also have discovered if I don't workout after I feed Emma and myself breakfast than I won't do it! I like my new routine of running M-F and having the weekends as my rest days. I can now say that I am not as much of a hater to running as I was when I first started. I'm still not a huge fan and don't look forward to my time on the treadmill, but I don't hate it, so I say that is progress!!! 

Like I said earlier my future post's will not be as long as this one. I might only update it at the end of each week instead of posting everyday. But don't hold me to that :) If any runners or beginner runners want to comment or give me tips please feel free to do so!!! :) Good luck to any of my fellow friends who are trying to become runners like me. I have to give major credit to runners who complete marathons because its all I can do right now to run on my treadmill for 30 minutes, I can't imagine running OUTSIDE hahahaha! 

To end this novel of mine: This is what I look at while I'm running--It definitely helps me repeat this in my head while running! 



Keep on running :)




1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Okay, 1. I need a treadmill and 2. You can do my journal. Thanks :) Maybe you'll be the one who gets me motivated!